Safer Surfacing Equestrian rubber
Having invested significant time and effort in creating your ideal equestrian arena, you will want to make sure you have a perfect riding surface.
The traditional arena or menage topping can be silica sand, which initially looks good and rides well, but after heavy use or prolonged periods of rain, you may find it riding too deep, with the creation of ruts and pits.
This is where our recycled equestrian rubber surface truly comes into its own. Used as a top up material specifically for arenas and menages, Safer Surfacing equestrian rubber is an ideal solution.
Equestrian rubber chippings made from recycled car tyres
Safer Surfacing manufactures the equestrian tyre rubber by recycling end-of-life vehicle tyres. We use a shredding and granulating process to produce an 8-20mm chip. Our rubber chippings are 99% wire free and make an ideal riding surface.
This product is denser than our equestrian automotive chippings and is, therefore, more robust. The product also contains some fibre and fines, which help with the material structure.
Our equestrian tyre rubber is available in the following options:
- 600kg bulk bag (£110.00 including VAT and delivery to a standard UK address)
- Loose fill for bulk orders is £70.00 per tonne excluding VAT and delivery (please call 0151 357 1391 for further information and to request a sample)
There are many benefits to using Safer Surfacing equestrian rubber and these include;
- Minimising leg concussion risk by offering a level of protection for feet and tendons
- The equestrian rubber resists frost to around -5 degrees giving a truly year-round riding experience
- Very little maintenance as or annual replenishment as the rubber does not decompose, break down or blow away
- The chipping aids surface drainage.
How much will I need?
Topping up your arena
For topping up a tired sand or wood chip based surface you will need the following: (please note these are based on having a 25mm top up to the area)
20 x 20m requires approximately 5 tonnes
20 x 40m requires approximately 10 tonnes.
New arenas (or deep top up requirements)
For adding automotive equestrian rubber to a new silica sand based arena you will need the following quantities:
20 x 20m requires approximately 10 tonnes
20 x 40m requires approximately 20 tonnes.
How is it delivered?
You can order the equestrian rubber in a bulk bag via our online shop.
Key things we need to know
- What is your postcode?
- Site access (for 8 wheel tipper or articulated walking floor vehicle)
- What weight is required (use our area calculator here)
- How quickly do you need it?
- Is it a new build or a top-up requirement?
- What is the current surface made of?
Bulk load orders
Please contact our team on 0151 357 1391 or via this contact form to discuss bulk load options.
Getting the logistics right for you is very important so do feel free to call one of our team on 0151 357 1391 and we will be happy to advise on any questions or concerns you may have.
We are also happy for customers to collect themselves from our premises – please telephone or email us to arrange. 0151 357 1391 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How is it laid?
After receiving the equestrian rubber you will simply need to spread it across the surface and the harrow it into place.
Prefer a fibre surface?
Contact our sister company, Carpet Gallop, for high quality, affordable and long lasting fibre!